The Aprilaire 8600 Universal Touch Screen Thermostat is an attractive, programmable thermostat that is heavy on features, easy to install and priced just right! This universal model controls single stage, multi-stage, heat pump, millivolt, and standard gas, oil, and electric systems. The 8600 features a large 10.3 sq in touch screen with adjustable backlight (battery operated) or constant backlight option available if installed hardwired (24VAC). The 8600 also can display outdoor temperature, allowing you to make any necessary adjustment to your scheduled programming (requires 8052 outdoor temperature sensor, sold separately).
Other features include:
• 7 day, 5/1/1 or 5/2 Programmable or Non-Programmable
• Air filter, humidifier, dehumidifier, and HVAC service indicators
• Programmable fan control with fan circulation mode
• Message center provides feedback and instructions
• Easy to use temperature control can override program schedule at any time
• Progressive recovery ensures proper temperature at the start of a program event
• Built in compressor protection prevents damage to your equipment
• Thermostat can be removed from the wall for easy programming (batteries must be installed)
• Outdoor temperature can be measured by attaching an 8052 sensor to the S1 and S2 terminals. The outdoor sensor must be enabled in the installer setup menu.
• A remote temperature sensor can be used if the thermostat has to be mounted in a concealed location. A 8051 flush mount or 8053 surface mount remote temperature sensor can be attached to the T1 and T2 terminals and mounted in a recommended area. The remote sensor must be enabled in the installer setup menu. When the remote sensor is installed it overrides the internal sensor.
The model 600 and 600A are identical in regarding product and operation. Both of these units are equipped with our automatic digital humidistat that allows automatic control of desired humidity level within the home. This control will automatically adjust the humidity setting throughout the day based upon the outdoor temperature reading. This allows precise control through out the entire day with no adjustment needed by homeowner. Our units were introduced in 2007 with an “A” model that included extra accessories that were not pertinent in regards to the operation and installation of the product. We have since removed these accessories from the packaging and also dropped the “A” off of our humidifier line. If there are any further questions relating to the product please contact us at your earliest convenience. We would be happy to further assist you with any questions or concerns relating to the product line.
The Aprilaire 23.3 GPD Steam Humidifier with Digital Humidifier Control (800) delivers humidity in the form of steam to the conditioned space via the HVAC system ducting. The humidifier generates steam by energizing two electrodes that extend into a canister of water. Current flowing between the electrodes causes the water to boil, creating steam. Water is introduced to the humidifier through a fill valve to a fill cup located in the top of the cabinet. The fill cup serves as an overflow reservoir and provides an air gap between the humidifier and water source. The drain and fill valves work together to maintain water level in the canister to deliver the rated steam capacity based on the electrical conductivity of the water and to temper drain water.
Steam is delivered into the airstream through a dispersion tube mounted in the HVAC system ductwork. Openings in the dispersion tube are fitted with “tubelets” which extend into the center of the tube. The design of the dispersion tube and tubelets distribute steam over a wide area in the duct and direct any condensed moisture back into the steam hose.
On Sale: 649.99 + Free Shipping
• Quality and Reliability Proven design using electrode technology perfected by Dri-Steem a subsidiary of Research Products
• Easy to Install Remote or duct mount with no additional accessories
• Easy to Maintain No cleaning or scrubbing, simply remove canister and replace
• Dispersion and Absorption Steam dispersion technology, ensures proper dispersion into the air, preventing condensation in duct
• No Accessories Required Water filtration not needed even in most difficult conditions. Control, dispersion tube, steam hose and drain tube included in the box
What’s Included: Humidifier, Automatic Digital Humidifier Control, Dispersion Tube, Steam Hose (6 ft.), 7/8″ I.D. Drain Tubing (10 ft.), Hose Clamps, Saddle Valve, Mounting Screws
Manufacturer User Manual (PDF File)
• Electrode technology – proven more effective to generate steam; requires no cleaning
• Easy installation – remote or duct mount applications with no additional accessories
• Easy to maintain – simply remove canister and replace
• Dispersion technology prevents condensation in the duct
• Drain water flushes with fresh inlet water
• Can be used with any condensate pump
• Water filtration never required
• Steam capacity: 120 Volts – 11.5 GPD; 208 Volts – 20.5 GPD; 240 Volts – 23.3 GPD
• Humidifier Technology: Electrode
• Electrical Information:
@ 120V – 1.4 kW, 11.5 gal/day, 11.5 Amps
@ 208V – 2.4 kW, 20.5 gal/day, 11.5 Amps
@ 240V – 2.8 kW, 23.3 gal/day, 11.5 Amps
• Humidifier Unit Operating Weight: 23 lbs.
• Humidifier Unit Dimensions: 10-1/8″W x 20-7/8″H x 7-1/8″D
• Water Filtration: None required
• Mounting: Plenum or remote (remote mount kit included with unit)
• Remote Blower: Yes
• Cleaning Instructions: Simply replace canister
• Variable Speed Blower Compatible: Yes
• Downflow Furnace Compatible: Yes
• Duct Humidity Sensor: Yes
The Aprilaire Model 600M Whole-House Humidifier is an easy to install unit and has a built in bypass damper with manual control. The unit damper is labeled for both summer and winter, which makes setting up this unit a breeze! Dry nose, cracked, itchy skin, and sore throats. Aggravated allergy and asthma symptoms. Painful static shocks. Chipping paint and plaster. Splitting or cracked wood floors, furniture, trim and molding. Sound familiar? Why go through another season with these problems when there is a solution, an Aprilaire Whole-Home Humidifier. The Aprilaire Model 600M Whole-House Humidifier is simply the best performing bypass humidifier on the market.
• Built-in bypass damper
• 24 VAC Transformer
• Manual Humidifier Control
• Humidifier Control Installation Sheet
• Saddle valve
• Humidifier Installation Template
• One Water Panel
Looking for a good humidifier and air cleaner that will make our home more comfortable and allergen and dust free. Can you suggest the best product for us?October 12th, 2010 | Author: Admin
Thank you for contacting us regarding our humidifiers and air cleaners. We have several models of humidifiers that can meet a variety of needs. Our humidifier capacities are based on factors such as square footage, ceiling height, and tightness of your home. We also offer 3 levels of air whole house air cleaners. If you are concerned with catching allergens, our 4000 series and 5000 model are our best options for catching those particles.
Most of our air cleaners and humidifiers are designed to work with forced air HVAC systems and install directly to your duct work. We recommend that you consult a licensed HVAC contractor who can come to your home and make a proper assessment of your needs. You can find your nearest dealer by visiting www.westsidewholesale.com
Please take the time to view the air cleaner literature and humidifier literature with more information on our humidifiers and air cleaners. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact our customer service department at your earliest convenience.
I currently have the Aprilaire model no. 401 replacement media (air cleaner model 2400) I saw your upgrade kit with a different model no. filter and wondered what the MERV rating was of each filter. Also, I had read that increasing your filters MERV rating can reduce your system’s airflow thus increasing your heating and cooling bills. Could you comment on this?
The maximum length of ductwork we allow for use with our 1700 is 70 feet. This is a total of both inlet and outlet sides. As long as you stay under this length you will still have enough pressure to dehumidify. Please take into a account that elbows actually use a little more length than just their measured length. For example: A 10″ duct that is 12″ long is the equivalent to 3 feet.
When I’m running the AC, the cool indicator next to the temperature setting is constantly blinking. Is that indicating some type of problem?August 25th, 2010 | Author: Admin
When the “Cool” is blinking, the thermostat is indicating that there is a call of cooling. This is normal operation. The same will happen during a heating call. You should see “Heat” blinking while your furnace is running the heat.
Here is a frequently asked question regarding Aprilaire Thermostats.
“I noticed that the themostat was showing the temperature in Fahrenheit. Now the temperature is shown in Celsius. What can I do to return the display to Fahrenheit?”
For information on how to do this, please follow the instructions in the installation manual on pages 11-13. The system setting option is 01 and the selection it should be for Fahrenheit is 0.
All Aprilaire Thermotats are On Sale This Month. Please Visit Westside Wholesale Today
How do I know when I should change my aprilaire air filter number 413? What indicator should I USE TO TELL ?
We usually recommend replacing the 413 filter once a year. To determine if the filter needs to be replaced is if you can see light through the filter, if you can’t see through the filter it definitely needs to be replaced. If the filter isn’t replaced yearly you run the chance of the filter restricting the airflow in the furnace, and causing the furnace to work harder than it needs to and possibly shutting down the furnace.
We do sell the filter for On Sale: $28.75 on our website: Westside Wholesale